Saturday, February 28, 2009

grapefruit!

I am in love with grapefruit right now.

They are three for a dollar -- and they are humongous -- at Jon's, because I live in SoCal, where citrus lives. I like to peel them like oranges and then peel open each individual section and just eat the insides. The amount of peel is thus quite immense. I munch happily despite the mess.

Jon's is right down the street. So usually, I walk there. And then I only buy three grapefruit because there is not a lot of room in the refrigerator, and I don't really want to carry more than that.

And then I eat them all within 48 hours, and thus I must go back.

But I am now out of grapefruit. And it is now too late to go walking to Jon's.

Boo for no grapefruit!

2 comments:

Vittoria said...

I love grapefruit too. I eat one every morning, the same way you do, and I have to wear an apron over my work clothes so they don't get all juicy :)

Caitlin said...

Here's another vote for the entire-grapefruit-at-a-time-experience. I usually pay about $1 a grapefruit, but to me it's a necessity. They do take up a lot of room, tho!
I tried a pummelo once....more expensive,tough,thick sections, and so not worth it (to me).