Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The new plan

Well, Clark didn't seem all that much better in the morning, so we decided we were going to give him a couple days to get over the yogurt adventure we've been having. I want to be sure it's the probiotics making him crazy, so here is what I am going to do. I am going to freeze a small amount of the yogurt and give it to him. If he goes crazy, he doesn't tolerate the yogurt itself. If he doesn't, then it's the probiotics that are making him nuts, which is kind of a good sign.

We'll work it out. I'm sure. :)

I was Ms. Energizer Bunny yesterday...just kept going and going.

I left the house at 6:20 a.m. and made it to work by 7. I ended up working overtime, and I left at about 4:30.

I walked in the door and immediately made myself some dinner, since Clark and my husband were already eating. I also made my lunch for the next day.

I knew we were out of almond butter brownies, so I mixed those up and stuck them in the oven. I then took Clark to the bathroom for his epsom salt bath and hung out with him for 20 minutes while he had fun playing.

Came out and realized the almond butter brownies were burning. I made a double batch and tried lining a cookie sheet with foil (I couldn't find the parchment right away) and they cook quite a bit faster that way! I pulled them out and pulled the foil with the brownies in it out of the pan and set them on the kitchen table so they would stop cooking faster.

Got him out, dried and in his pajamas. Had a bit of a meltdown during story time. I'd forgotten to have him go poop before bed, and he didn't want to go, so he screamed. Ow, my ears. But he did go, because we rule with an iron fist around here. LOL.

After he made it to bed, I cut up the almond butter brownies and separated them into totally edible, kind of burned, and REALLY burned. I saved the really burned ones for myself. :) Then my husband and I worked on our side business for an hour or so. Afterwards, we managed to watch the second half of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot, so that was nice. We also watched some Daily Show and Colbert Report that we'd saved for when we had time.

Next I recorded lines for an hour. I do voice acting for Pendant Audio. And by that time it was past 11, which is WAY past my bedtime. Whew!

I am grateful, so grateful, that I am able to do these things. The first year I had RA, I couldn't do anything at all, pretty much. So I'm happy. Tired, but happy!

No comments: